Source: Agencia Boliviana de Información (La Paz)
Bolivia's Minister of Labour, Daniel Santalla, has issued a communique reminding the Bolivian population that Tuesday, January 22, 2013, was an official non-working public holiday throughout Bolivia to commemorate the anniversary of the establishment of the plurinational state of Bolivia (aniversario del Estado Plurinacional).
The aforementioned communique specifies that the upcoming January 22, 2013, official non-working public holiday throughout Bolivia applies to all sectors of the economy ("Este 22 día martes del presente mes es feriado nacional. Todas las actividades están suspendidas tanto en el sector público y privado, consecuentemente ese día es un día feriado para celebrar este aniversario").
Three years ago (20-Jan-2010), January 22, was declared a one-off public holiday, the "Día de la Fundación del Estado Plurinacional de Bolivia", to coincide with Juan Evo Morales Ayma's second inauguration as President of Bolivia.
The following year (13-Jan-2011), the January 22 public holiday was confirmed as an annual non-working public holiday for both the private and public sectors, nationwide ("se declaró feriado nacional con la suspensión de actividades públicas y privadas de todo el territorio nacional").
Finally, last year (05-Jan-2012), as had recently been done (21-Dec-2011) the government of Bolivia declared as an additional one-off non-working public holiday throughout Bolivia, due to the January 22 annual public holiday falling on a Sunday in the calendar year 2012, making a generally incorrect blanket statement about the declaration of day in lieu public holidays in current Bolivian public holidays legislation ("La Ley General del Trabajo es bien clara y dice que todos los feriados que caigan en día domingo automáticamente se recorre al primer día hábil de la semana, que en este caso es el lunes").
• Bolivia bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (January 2013)
Bolivia 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Bolivia 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Bolivia 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Bolivia 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Bolivia 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2019-01-21: Bolivian January 22 Public Holiday Confirmed
• 2018-02-09: Bolivian Public Holidays February 12-13
• 2018-01-17: Bolivian Public Holidays January 22 Announced
• 2017-02-24: Bolivian Public Holidays February 27-28
• 2017-01-06: Bolivian Public Holidays January 22-23
• 2016-01-14: Bolivian Public Holidays January 22-24
• 2015-01-15: Bolivian Public Holiday January 22
• 2012-01-05: Bolivian Public Holidays January 22-23
• 2011-12-21: Bolivian Year-End Public Holidays Gazetted
• 2011-01-13: Bolivia Confirms January And June Public Holidays
• 2010-01-20: Bolivia Declares January 22 Public Holiday