Source: Ministerio de Trabajo República Dominicana (Santo Domingo)
The Ministry of Labour of the Dominican Republic has issued a communiqué announcing once again that, as per the current public holidays legislation, Friday, August 16, 2013, will be an official non-working public holiday in the Dominican Republic on account of the upcoming Día de la Restauración non-working public holiday.
The aforementioned announcement is in line with last fall's official listing of public holidays in the Dominican Republic for the year 2013 (27-Nov-2012).
A few years ago (21-Feb-2008), the Dominican Republic's Supreme Court declared as unconstitutional, articles 1-2-4 of law 139-97 (19-Jun-1997), which move the August 16 Restoration Day public holiday to the following Monday, whenever it falls on a Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday. The change in calculation rule took place immediately, but as August 16 fell on a Saturday/Sunday/Monday in 2008/2009/2010, the ruling began to have a concrete effect, for the first time last year and the year before that (14-Jun-2012 and 14-Aug-2011).
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Dominican Republic bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (August 2013)
Dominican Republic 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Dominican Republic 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Dominican Republic 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Dominican Republic 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Dominican Republic 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2018-08-13: Dominican Republic Public Holiday August 16
• 2017-08-09: Dominican Republic Confirms August 16 Public Holiday
• 2016-08-15: Dominican Republic Public Holiday August 16
• 2014-08-14: Dominican Republic Public Holiday August 16
• 2012-11-27: Dominican Republic 2013 Public Holidays Announced
• 2012-06-14: Dominican Republic Public Holiday August 16
• 2011-08-14: Dominican Republic Declares August 16 Public Holiday
• 2008-02-21: Dominican Republic Supreme Court Changes Restoration Day Holiday
• 1997-06-19: Dominican Republic Implements Movable Public Holidays