Source: Philippine Information Agency (Manila)
The Philippines Presidential Palace, Malacañang, has issued Proclamation 571, declaring Monday, May 13, 2013, the date of the upcoming national mid-term elections, a another additional special public non-working holiday throughout the Philippines.
Similar electoral public holidays were declared on the occasion of the past mid-term and term elections (18-Mar-2010, 25-Apr-2007 and 06-May-2004).
As she is wont to do (12-Jul-2012, 03-Jun-2012, 07-Mar-2012, and 06-Apr-2011), Philippines' Deputy presidential spokesperson, Abigail Valte, confirmed the aforementioned declaration of Monday, May 13, 2013, as a special public non-working holiday throughout the Philippines, on her Twitter account ("There you have it, May 13 has officially been proclaimed a holiday").
• Philippines bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (April 2013)
Philippines 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Philippines 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Philippines 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Philippines 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Philippines 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2018-05-02: Philippines Public Holiday May 14
• 2016-04-27: Philippines Public Holiday May 9
• 2014-05-06: Philippines Mull Extended Electoral Public Holidays
• 2012-07-12: Philippines July 13 Public Holiday Ruled-Out
• 2012-06-03: Philippines June 11 Public Holiday Ruled-Out
• 2012-03-07: Philippines March 8 Public Holiday Ruled-Out
• 2011-04-06: Philippines Rule-Out April 9 Public Holiday Move
• 2010-03-18: Philippines Declares May 10 Public Holiday
• 2007-04-25: Philippines Declares Public Holiday For Mid-Term Elections
• 2004-05-06: Philippines Election Public Holiday On May 10