Source: Press Release Government Of Timor-Leste (Dili)
The government of Timor Leste has announced that it had once again decided to declare an additional day-off public sector holiday ("Toleránsia Pontu iha loron 29 fulan-Novembru tinan 2013") on the day after the annual non-working Timor Leste Independence Day public holiday of November 28.
As per the aforementioned announcement, "Taking into account that the celebration ceremony of the Proclamation of Independence of Timor-Leste will, this year, take place in Kraras, district of Viqueque, the Government has decided to concede a day-off on Friday, November 29th", and this one-off public sector holiday is granted "in order to allow citizens to participate in the event" ("Governu Konstitusionál V Repúblika Demokrátika Timor-Leste deside ona atu fó toleránsia pontu iha loron 29 fulan-Novembru tinan 2013, durante loron-tomak, ba funsionáriu no ajente hosi Ministériu ka servisu dependente sira, nomós ba institutu no organizmu sira ne'ebé integra iha administrasaun indireta Estadu nian").
On the occasion of last year's (26-Nov-2012) November 28 annual Independence Day public holiday, the government of Timor Leste had declared 2 additional full-day public sector holidays ("Toleránsia Pontu iha oras loro-kraik nian") on Tuesday and Thursday, November 27 and 29, 2012.
As usual (03-Jan-2013, 25-Mar-2013, 11-Feb-2013, 26-Nov-2012, 29-Oct-2012, 07-Jul-2012, 03-Jul-2012 and 04-Apr-2012), the Secretariat of State of the Council of Ministers of Timor Leste, states that the aforementioned decision is based on law No.10/2005, which overhauled Timor Leste's public holidays (12-Aug-2005), and which includes an annual, Proclamation of Independence Day, non-working public holiday, observed by both the private and public sectors of Timor Leste.
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• East Timor bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (November 2013)
East Timor 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
East Timor 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
East Timor 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
East Timor 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
East Timor 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2019-02-08: Timor Leste 2019 Public Holidays Announced
• 2018-01-09: Timor Leste 2018 Public Holidays Announced
• 2017-01-18: Timor Leste 2017 Public Holidays Announced
• 2016-01-29: Timor Leste 2016 Public Holidays Announced
• 2015-02-27: Timor Leste 2015 Public Holidays Announced
• 2014-02-05: Timor Leste 2014 Public Holidays Announced
• 2013-03-25: Timor Leste Public Holidays March 28 and April 1st
• 2013-02-11: Timor Leste Public Holiday February 13
• 2013-01-03: Bangladesh 2013 Bank Holidays Announced
• 2012-11-26: Timor Leste Public Holidays November 27-29
• 2012-10-29: Timor Leste Public Holiday October 31
• 2012-07-07: Timor Leste Public Holiday July 9
• 2012-07-03: Timor Leste Public Holiday July 6
• 2012-04-04: Timor Leste Public Holidays April 5 and 9
• 2005-08-12: East Timor Overhaul Official List Of Public Holidays