Source: Tonga Ministry of Information and Communications (Nuku'alofa)
Tonga's Prime Minister's Office has issued a communiqué announcing that the Cabinet of the Government of Tonga had declared a 2-week period of additional public sector holidays in Tonga, from Monday, December 23, 2013, until Friday, January 3, 2014, inclusively.
The aforementioned 2-week period of additional public sector holidays in Tonga, from Monday, December 23, 2013, until Friday, January 3, 2014, inclusively ("This means that the last day for normal Government services will be Friday, December 20, 2013, and government will resume normal business hours on Monday, January 6, 2014."), are in addition to the list of 2013 non-working public holidays in Tonga which was announced at the beginning of this year.
The Prime Minister also confirmed that, as per the terms of the "Public Holidays (Amendment) Act 2010" (Act No. 10 of 2010) which moves the date of some mid-week public holidays to the nearest Monday (19-May-2010 and 08-Apr-2010), this year's King Tupou I Day will be observed on Monday, December 2, 2013.
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Tonga bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (November 2013)
Tonga 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Tonga 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Tonga 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Tonga 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Tonga 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2017-10-24: Tonga 2017-2018 Year-End Public Holidays
• 2016-10-26: Tonga 2016-2017 Year-End Public Holidays
• 2015-11-04: Tonga 2015-2016 Year-End Public Holidays
• 2014-12-21: Tonga 2014-2015 Year-End Public Sector Holidays
• 2010-05-19: Tongan Public Holiday Amendment Act 2010 Gazetted
• 2010-04-08: Tonga Votes Public Holidays Act Amendments