Source: Royal Civil Service Commission of Bhutan (Thimphu)
Bhutan's Ministry of Home and Cultural Affairs have declared today, Wednesday, March 5, 2015, a government non-working public holiday in Bhutan, due to the "first" snowfall of the winter.
Actually, today's snowfall is not the first snowfall of the winter, but the previous snowfall coincided with a public holiday and, instead of skipping the first snowfall holiday as was done in 2012, or moving it to the next day, as was done last year (20-Jan-2013), the government of Bhutan had then said that the next snowfall falling on a work day would be declared a one-off non-working public holiday in Bhutan.
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Bhutan bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (March 2014)
Bhutan 2017 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Bhutan 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Bhutan 2019 bank holidays and public holidays
Bhutan 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Bhutan 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2017-11-05: Bhutanese 2018-2019 Public Holidays Announced
• 2016-10-28: Bhutanese 2017 Public Holidays Announced
• 2016-01-20: Bhutanese 2016 First Snow Public Holiday
• 2015-10-01: Bhutanese 2016 Public Holidays Announced
• 2013-01-20: Bhutanese Public Holiday Tomorrow