Source: Philippine Information Agency (Manila)
The government of the Philippines has once again confirmed that, despite many reports to the contrary, tomorrow's EDSA Special Holiday was restricted to schools only, and that Tuesday, February 25, 2014, would therefore be a regular working day in the Philippines.
Last autumn (30-Sep-2013), the government of the Philippines had gazetted the Proclamation No. 655, s. 2013, signed by President Benigno Aquino III, and which listed the special and regular non-working public holidays in the Philippines for the calendar year 2014.
However, such rumours that the EDSA will be a non-working public holiday in the Philippines come back almost every year (24-Feb-2013).
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Philippines bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (February 2014)
Philippines 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Philippines 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Philippines 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Philippines 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Philippines 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2015-10-24: Philippines All Souls Day 2015 Public Holiday Ruled-Out
• 2015-07-15: Philippines Adds 2015-2016 Public Holidays
• 2015-02-23: Philippines 2015 EDSA Public Holiday
• 2014-10-30: Philippines November 2 Public Holiday Ruled-Out
• 2014-10-27: Philippines October 31 Public Holiday Ruled-Out
• 2014-10-13: Philippines October 15 Public Holiday Ruled-Out
• 2014-08-19: Philippines August 22 Public Holiday Ruled-Out
• 2014-07-21: Philippines July 28 Public Holiday Ruled-Out
• 2014-06-08: Philippines June 13 Public Holiday Ruled-Out
• 2013-09-30: Philippines 2014 Public Holidays Announced
• 2013-02-24: Philippines EDSA Holiday Clarification