Source: Samoan Ministry Of Commerce, Industry And Labour (Matagaluega o Pisinisi, Alamanuia, Leipa)
The Samoan Parliament is considering a bill which amends the Public Holidays Act 2008 and would give the Minister of Commerce, Industry and Labour the power to approve or decline a holiday for a private sector company.
The Public Holidays Act 2008 (An act to amend and set up the law relating to public holidays) was passed and gazetted in late 2007 and early 2008 (29-Jan-2008, 20-Dec-2007, and 15-Sep-2007) following, in part, the death of King Malietoa Tanumafili II, one of the world's longest reigning monarchs (11-May-2007).
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Samoa bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (August 2014)
Samoa 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Samoa 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Samoa 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Samoa 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Samoa 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2008-01-29: Samoa Gazettes Public Holidays Act 2008
• 2007-12-20: Samoan Parliament Approves Public Holidays Bill 2007
• 2007-09-15: Samoa Changes List Of Public Holidays
• 2007-05-11: Samoa's King Dies