Source: Bahrain News Agency (BNA)
Bahrain's Prime Minister, Prince Khalifa bin Salman Al Khalifa, has finally issued a circular declaring Friday, January 1, 2016, as the annual non-working public holiday in Bahrain to mark the upcoming Western New Year non-working public holiday of Bahrain for the calendar year 2016.
In addition, as was the case some previous years (31-Dec-2014 and 01-Feb-2012), but not all (09-Jan-2014 and 21-Jan-2013), as the aforementioned date coincides with the Friday/Saturday weekend in Bahrain (02-Aug-2006), the aforementioned circular states that "as that day coincides with the weekend recess, it is compensated with Sunday, January 3, 2016" for all government ministries, directorates and public institutions of the Kingdom of Bahrain.
• Bahrain bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (December 2015)
Bahrain 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Bahrain 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Bahrain 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Bahrain 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Bahrain 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2016-12-25: Bahrain New Year 2017 Public Holiday
• 2014-12-31: Bahrain 2015 Prophet's Birthday Public Holidays
• 2014-01-09: Bahrain 2014 Prophet's Birthday Public Holiday
• 2013-01-21: Bahrain 2013 Prophet's Birthday Public Holiday
• 2012-02-01: Bahrain 2012 Prophet's Birthday Public Holidays Announced
• 2006-08-02: Bahrain To Change Weekend Days To Friday-Saturday