Source: El Heraldo (Tegucigalpa)
A bill has been introduced, into Honduras' legislative assembly, which would amend last year's "Decreto Legislativo No. 75-2014 del 29 de septiembre" and move the 3 annual October public holidays of Honduras from the last week of October to the beginning of October.
In the past, before 2014, Honduras had 3 annual October non-working public holidays, on the 3rd, the 12th and the 21st, and over the years, the government of Honduras frequently tinkered with these 3 annual non-working public holidays (03-Oct-2013, 24-Sep-2013, 06-Oct-2012, 01-Oct-2012, 30-Sep-2011, 09-Apr-2003, 25-Oct-2008, 03-Oct-2007, 02-Oct-2006, and 30-Sep-2005).
Finally, last year (27-Oct-2014, 02-Oct-2014, 10-Sep-2014 and 05-Sep-2014), the government of Honduras issued the "Decreto Legislativo No. 75-2014 del 29 de septiembre" published in the Diario Oficial La Gaceta, which moved of all 3 of Honduras' annual October non-working public holidays to the last week of October.
Then, last month (01-Jul-2015), the president of Honduras' Chamber of Tourism (Cámara Nacional de Turismo de Honduras - Canaturh), Epaminondas Marinakys, requested a move of these newly-moved end of October annual public holidays in Honduras, from the last week of October to earlier in the month, due to the rainy season coinciding with the end of October in Honduras.
The aforementioned bill adds to the weather consideration, the fact that this will give people more time to "recover" financially from these extended holidays before the onset of the Christmas shopping season ("La intención este año es que el feriado de octubre ya no sea la última semana, sino el primer fin de semana, porque nos mostraron estadísticamente que el primer fin de semana llueve menos; las personas tienen más tiempo para recuperarse económicamente para los gastos de Navidad").
Note that, for the private sector, the Wednesday public holiday only starts at noon, to compensate the fact that the Honduras private sector usually works a half day on Saturdays, and that in the case of these new extended public holidays of Honduras, the Saturday will also be a full day off ("la empresa privada laborará el miércoles hasta el mediodía, porque como es conocido ellos trabajan el sábado y de esa forma no trabajarán esa mañana").
• Honduras bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (August 2015)
Honduras 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Honduras 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Honduras 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Honduras 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Honduras 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2018-10-11: Honduras Could Reconsider Morazánica Public Holidays
• 2018-09-18: Honduras Extends 2018 Morazánica Public Holidays
• 2017-09-28: Honduras Extends 2017 Morazánica Public Holidays
• 2017-09-19: Honduras 2017 Morazánica Public Holidays October 4-7
• 2016-09-06: Honduras Morazánica Public Holidays October 5-8
• 2015-08-22: Honduras October Public Holidays Amended Again
• 2015-08-14: Honduras October Public Holidays Amended
• 2015-07-01: Honduras Mulls October Public Holidays Changes
• 2014-10-27: Honduras October Bank Holidays
• 2014-10-02: Honduras Gazettes October Public Holidays Changes
• 2014-09-10: Honduras Votes October Public Holidays Changes
• 2014-09-05: Honduras Mulls October Public Holidays Changes
• 2013-10-03: Honduras October 2013 Public Holidays
• 2013-09-24: Honduras Football Public Holiday October 11
• 2012-10-06: Honduras October 12 Public Holidays Moved Again
• 2012-10-01: Honduras October 2012 Public Holidays Moved
• 2011-09-30: Honduras October 2011 Public Holidays Moved
• 2008-10-25: Honduras Moves Army Day Public Holiday For Civil Servants To November 10
• 2007-10-03: Honduras Changes Dates Of October Public Holidays
• 2006-10-02: Honduras' Moving of 2006 October Public Holidays Confirmed
• 2005-09-30: Honduras Confirms 2005 October Public Holidays Omission
• 2003-04-09: Honduras Amends Public Holidays Legislation