Source: Philippine Information Agency (Manila)
Philippines' President, Benigno Aquino III, has issued Proclamations No. 1071 and 1072 which declare 3 additional one-off non-working public holidays in the Philippines on account of the upcoming APEC summit and 30th anniversary of the EDSA People Power Revolution.
As per Proclamation No. 1071, Thursday, February 25, 2016, is declared as a special non-working public holiday throughout the Philippines. As per the text of the proclamation "Edsa People Power Commission requested that 25 February 2016 be declared as a special (non-working) holiday throughout the country in celebration of the 30th Anniversary of the Edsa People Power Revolution" and the proclamation goes on to state that "It is but fitting and proper that the entire Filipino nation be given the opportunity to observe the milestone in our country's history". Usually, the EDSA holiday is limited to schools (23-Feb-2015, 24-Feb-2014, 24-Feb-2013,...).
Proclamation 1072, for its part, declares Wednesday and Thursday, November 18 and 19, 2015, as special non-working days in the Manila National Capital Region (NCR), on account of the 2015 Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Economic Leaders' Meeting which will take place on those days, and thus amends the previously released (23-Jul-2014) list of official 2015 non-working public holidays in the Philippines.
Finally, a separate announcement in the Philippines Official Gazette reminds the population that the Iglesia in Cristo's (INC) 101st anniversary, on July 27, is a working holiday, in accordance with Republic Act 9645 signed in 2009 by then-President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo (07-Jul-2009).
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Philippines bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (July 2015)
Philippines 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Philippines 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Philippines 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Philippines 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Philippines 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2017-10-23: Philippines ASEAN Public Holidays November 13-14-15
• 2017-09-27: Philippines October 31 Public Holiday Ruled-Out For Now
• 2017-04-21: Philippines ASEAN Public Holidays April 27-28
• 2015-10-05: Philippines Extends APEC 2015 Public Holidays
• 2015-02-23: Philippines 2015 EDSA Public Holiday
• 2014-07-23: Philippines 2015 Public Holidays Announced
• 2014-02-24: Philippines 2014 EDSA Public Holiday Clarification
• 2013-02-24: Philippines EDSA Holiday Clarification
• 2009-07-07: Philippines Declares July 27 Annual Working Public Holiday