Source: Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of the Seychelles (Victoria)
The government of the Seychelles has announced the official list of annual non-working public holidays in the Seychelles for the calendar year 2016.
Contrary to what happened 4 years ago (11-Jan-2012), but similarly to what was announced in other years (16-Jan-2015, 10-Jan-2014, 10-Jan-2013, 19-Jan-2011 and 26-Jan-2010), the aforementioned announcement incorrectly omits Easter Saturday as a public holiday in the Seychelles, despite the express stipulations of the current Seychelles public holidays legislation (the Public Holidays Act 1976, an Act to make provision for public holidays; and to provide for matters incidental thereto or connected therewith).
The announced list of 2016 public holidays in the Seychelles lists is in line with the recent "Public Holidays (Amendment) Act, 2014" which amended the legislation governing the official list of annual non-working public holidays in the Seychelles (05-Aug-2014).
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Seychelles bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (January 2016)
Seychelles 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Seychelles 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Seychelles 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Seychelles 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Seychelles 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2017-01-21: Seychelles 2017 Public Holidays Announced
• 2015-01-16: Seychelles 2015 Public Holidays Announced
• 2014-08-05: Seychelles Gazette Public Holidays Amendments
• 2014-01-10: Seychelles 2014 Public Holidays Announced
• 2013-01-10: Seychelles 2013 Public Holidays Announced
• 2012-01-11: Seychelles 2012 Public Holidays Announced
• 2011-01-19: Seychelles 2011 Public Holidays Announced
• 2010-01-26: Seychelles 2010 Public Holidays Announced