Source: Ministerio del Poder Popular para la Comunicación e Información (Caracas)
Venezuela's president, Nicolás Maduro, has issued a decree extending the recently-implemented Wednesday-Sunday non-working public holidays weekends for the Venezuelan public sector for another 2 weeks.
Late last month (29-Apr-2016 and 26-Apr-2016), Venezuela's president, Nicolás Maduro, had issued a decree extending the recently-implemented Fridays-Saturday-Sunday non-working public holidays weekends (13-Mar-2016, 16-Mar-2016 and 19-Mar-2016), to run from Wednesdays to Sundays, for the Venezuelan public sector ("Miércoles, jueves y viernes no se laborará en el sector público a excepción de aquellas tareas que son fundamentales, que son necesarias"), the latest in a series of announcements of additional one-off non-working public holidays in Venezuela to combat its energy problems.
The official publication of the Decreto 2.303 in the Gaceta Oficial clarified the extent of these 2-day workweeks, which, contrary to all the fanciful press clippings that had inundated the web earlier that week, would only run until mid-May ("aplicado a partir del día miércoles 27 de abril de 2016, y hasta el viernes 13 de mayo de 2016").
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Venezuela bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (May 2016)
Venezuela 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Venezuela 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Venezuela 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Venezuela 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Venezuela 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2017-12-21: Venezuelan 2017-2018 Year-End Public Holidays Extended
• 2016-04-29: Venezuelan April-May 2016 Public Holidays Gazetted
• 2016-04-26: Venezuela Extends April-May 2016 Public Holidays Again
• 2016-03-19: Venezuela Easter 2016 Bank Holidays Not Expanded
• 2016-03-16: Venezuela Easter 2016 Public Holidays Expanded
• 2016-03-13: Venezuela Declares Weeklong Easter 2016 Public Holidays