Source: Armenian News Agency (ARMENPRESS)
The Government of Armenia has announced the dates of the official public holidays in Armenia for the end of the calendar year 2017 and beginning of the calendar year 2018.
Today's announcement is in line with the changes made to Armenian public holidays, almost a decade ago (05-Dec-2009), when Armenian Culture Minister, Hasmik Poghosyan, had announced that the government of Armenia had decided to amend the "Law on Armenian Holidays and Memory Days", adding 7 non-working public holidays, around the time of Christmas, and in line with the annual list of official public holidays in Armenia for the calendar year 2017, as announced by the Government of Armenia, earlier this year (20-Jan-2017).
As a postscript to today's announcement, it was added that the government plans to make appropriate changes to the law and reduce the number of non-working days, as these long holidays are opposed, particularly, by Armenian prime minister, Karen Karapetyan.
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Armenia bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (November 2017)
Armenia 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Armenia 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Armenia 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Armenia 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Armenia 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2018-12-04: Armenian Year-End 2018-2019 Public Holidays Announced
• 2017-12-14: Armenia Cuts New Year Public Holidays
• 2017-12-13: Armenia Mulls Public Holidays Reductions
• 2017-01-20: Armenian 2017 Public Holidays Announced
• 2009-12-05: Armenia Declares January 1 to 10 Public Holidays