Source: Government of Montserrat (Brades)
The Montserrat "Public Holidays (Amendment) Bill 2017", which was introduced to the Montserrat Legislative Assembly and had its first reading last January 24, was passed by the Montserrat Legislative Assembly yesterday.
The aforementioned "Montserrat Public Holidays (Amendment) Act, 2017" had its first reading earlier this year (29-Jan-2017) and fixes the "Anniversary of the Birth of Her Majesty" non-working public holiday as well as enshrining the, December 31, "Festival Day" public holiday often declared in an ad hoc manner in the past (15-Dec-2016 and 18-Dec-2014).
It thus amending the consolidated version of the "Public Holidays Act, Revised Edition, showing the law as at 1 January 2002, CHAPTER 6.09" which consolidated the amendments of 1956, 1959, 1971, and 1999 (10-Dec-1999) into the initial Act 19 of 1954, S.R.O. 15/1956.
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Montserrat bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (May 2017)
Montserrat 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Montserrat 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Montserrat 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Montserrat 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Montserrat 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2017-05-24: Montserrat Public Holidays Amendments Gazetted
• 2017-01-29: Montserrat Public Holidays Legislative Amendments
• 2016-12-15: Montserrat Public Holiday December 31
• 2014-12-18: Montserrat Public Holiday December 31
• 1999-12-10: Montserrat Public Holidays Act Amended