Source: Presidencia de la República de Panamá (Panama City)
Panama's Ministro de Trabajo y Desarrollo Laboral (Mitradel) has finally announced that the upcoming, November 28, annual public holiday of Panama would be observed on its set date of November 28, in 2017, despite its earlier request that the National Assembly to re-establish the moveable status of the upcoming November 28, annual public holiday of Panama.
For the past few years (03-Feb-2017, 04-Jan-2016, 09-Jan-2015, and 30-Nov-2014), the November 28, Día de la Independencia de Panamá de España, was no longer moved from its set date, as the "Ley 70 del 28 de diciembre de 2007" (03-Jan-2008 and 30-Dec-2007) which restored the mechanism of días puente (bridge holidays) to the January 9 and November 28 annual non-working public holidays of Panama (Gaceta No. 25950 del 2 de enero de 2008) was partially abrogated, thus going back to the situation of the "Ley 51 que deroga el Decreto Ley Nº 8 de 1997, que estableció los días puentes y modifica el Articulo 46 del Código de Trabajo 03-X-1999" (01-Nov-1999).
However, last month (27-Oct-2017), Panama's Ministro de Trabajo y Desarrollo Laboral had announced that he would ask the National Assembly to re-establish the moveable status of the upcoming November 28, annual public holiday of Panama.
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Panama bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (November 2017)
Panama 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Panama 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Panama 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Panama 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Panama 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2017-10-27: Panama Mulls November 2017 Public Holidays Changes
• 2017-02-03: Panama 2017 Bank Holidays Announced
• 2016-01-04: Panama 2016 Bank Holidays Announced
• 2015-01-09: Panama 2015 Bank Holidays Announced
• 2014-11-30: Panama Announces Mid-Week Public Holidays Amendments
• 2008-01-03: Panama Long Weekends Public Holidays Gazetted
• 2007-12-30: Panama's President Signs Long Weekends Public Holidays Bill Into Law
• 1999-11-01: Panama Revokes Long Weekend Public Holidays Decree