Source: Jornal de Angola (Luanda)
Angolan MEPs are working on a draft bill, the Lei de Alteração à Lei dos Feriados Nacionais, Locais e Datas de Celebração Nacional, which would amend the current public holidays legislation of Angola by adding 2 new annual non-working public holidays in Angola and adding some bridge holiday provisions for fixed-date Angolan public holidays falling on a Tuesday or Thursday.
The current public holidays legislation of Angola is the "Ley de los Feriados Nacionales y Locales" which revised the legislation on public holidays in Angola, almost a decade ago (15-Feb-2011, 20-Jan-2011 and 16-Dec-2010). At that time the preceding changes to the public holidays legislation of Angola dated from 2003 (24-Mar-2003) and before that from 1996 (30-Sep-1996).
The aforementioned changes to the current Angolan legislation on public holidays is scheduled for a vote on June 21, 2018, at the same time as a new legislative package on the Angolan Armed Forces.
The bill, in its current form, would stop the practice of declaring a day in lieu public holiday on the Monday which follows a fixed date public holiday which falls on a Sunday.
• Angola bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (June 2018)
Angola 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Angola 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Angola 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Angola 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Angola 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2018-08-09: Angola Public Holidays Legislation Amendments Voted
• 2018-07-21: Angola Public Holidays Legislation Amendments Postponed
• 2018-06-22: Angola Public Holidays Legislation Amendments Update
• 2011-02-15: Angola Public Holidays Revision Signed Into Law
• 2011-01-20: Angola Approves Revised Public Holidays Law
• 2010-12-16: Angola Revises Public Holidays Legislation
• 2003-03-24: Angola Gazettes New Public Holidays Legislation
• 1996-09-30: Angola Votes New Public Holidays Legislation