Source: Kabar Kyrgyz National News Agency (Bishkek)
The Ministry of Labour, Migration and Youth of the Kyrgyz Republic has announced that Monday, April 9, 2018, would be an official non-working public holiday in Kyrgyzstan, on account of the upcoming, April 7, National April Revolution Day, annual non-working public holiday of the Kyrgyz Republic.
The aforementioned announcement, as those in past years (04-Dec-2017, 24-Oct-2017, 24-Apr-2017, 22-Feb-2017, 19-Apr-2016), were made in accordance with Article 113 of the Labor Code, but the declaration of a day in lieu public holiday for a public holiday falling on a Saturday, is in addition to the approved calendar of 2018 public holidays of the Kyrgyz Republic as announced earlier this year (23-Dec-2017).
Seven years ago (03-Mar-2011), the President of the transitional government of Kyrgyzstan, Roza Otunbayeva, had signed a "decree on the Anniversary of April People's Revolution", whose corresponding bill in Parliament stated that April 7, should henceforth be declared as a non-working public holiday "in honor of the people's revolution". But, a month later (04-Apr-2011), the Labor Ministry of Kyrgyzstan announced that Thursday, April 7, 2011, would not be a non-working public holiday in Kyrgyzstan.
Then, a couple of years ago (04-Apr-2016), the President of Kyrgyzstan, Almazbek Atambaev, signed a presidential decree authorizing a new annual, April 7, non-working public holiday in Kyrgyzstan to be officially known as the "Day of the People's April Revolution", to mark the day a popular revolution ousted authoritarian ex-President Kurmanbek Bakiev in 2010. That presidential decree was followed by the introduction of a matching bill in Kyrgyzstan's parliament (06-Apr-2016 and 05-Apr-2016), which was finally signed into law by president Almazbek Atambaev and gazetted (07-Apr-2016) in the official state newspaper of Kyrgyzstan "Erkin Too" (Free Mountains).
• Kyrgyzstan bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (April 2018)
Kyrgyzstan 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Kyrgyzstan 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Kyrgyzstan 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Kyrgyzstan 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Kyrgyzstan 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2019-04-07: Kyrgyzstan April 8 Public Holiday Ruled-Out
• 2017-12-23: Kyrgyzstan Additional January 2018 Public Holidays
• 2017-12-04: Kyrgyzstan Additional January 2018 Public Holidays Draft
• 2017-10-24: Kyrgyzstan Public Holiday November 7
• 2017-04-24: Kyrgyzstan May 2017 Public Holidays Officialized
• 2017-02-22: Kyrgyzstan Public Holidays February 23
• 2016-04-19: Kyrgyzstan Public Holidays May 5-9
• 2016-04-07: Kyrgyzstan April 7 Public Holiday Gazetted
• 2016-04-06: Kyrgyzstan April 7 Public Holiday Approved By Parliament
• 2016-04-05: Kyrgyzstan April 7 Public Holiday Approved In Committee
• 2016-04-04: Kyrgyzstan April 7 Public Holiday Returns
• 2011-04-04: Kyrgyzstan Rules-Out April 7 Public Holiday
• 2011-03-03: Kyrgyzstan Considering April 7 Public Holiday