Source: Maldives President's Office Press Release (Male)
The President of the Maldives, Abdulla Yameen Abdul Gayoom, has declared an additional one-off non-working public holiday in the Maldives, "due to the Independence Day festivities being postponed to Saturday evening, 28th July".
As per the text of the today's announcement, "the government offices will reopen on Monday, 30th July", the previously-announced (15-Jan-2018), list of 2018 public holidays in the Maldives is thus amended once again (29-Apr-2018) and as was the case in past years (06-Jun-2017, 28-Jul-2016 and 12-Jul-2016).
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Maldives bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (July 2018)
Maldives 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Maldives 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Maldives 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Maldives 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Maldives 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2018-04-29: Maldives 2018 Mulls Ramadan Public Holidays Extension
• 2018-01-15: Maldives 2018 Public Holidays Announced
• 2017-06-06: Maldives 2017 Ramadan Public Holidays Extended
• 2016-07-28: Maldives Public Holidays July 31
• 2016-07-12: Maldives Public Holidays July 26-30