Source: Presidencia de la República del Paraguay (Asunción)
The Paraguayan head of presidential decrees has released a communiqué confirming that the date of the upcoming Día de la Paz del Chaco annual non-working public holiday of Paraguay would be moved to Monday, June 11, 2018, as per the terms of the previously-released "Decreto número 8108".
Last autumn (21-Nov-2017), the President of Paraguay, Horacio Cartes, signed the "Decreto número 8108" which confirmed that, once again (22-Nov-2016, 10-Dec-2015 and 18-Dec-2014), in 2018, some of the annual non-working public holidays of Paraguay would be moved to adjoin a nearby weekend, in line with the changes to Paraguay public holidays of 6 years ago (03-Aug-2012), when Paraguay's president, Federico Franco, issued the Decreto presidencial N° 9393 finally implemented the Ley 1723 del 29 de junio de 2001 (Que Autoriza Al Poder Ejecutivo A Trasladar Los Feriados Nacionales Al Dia Lunes) which gives the president of Paraguay the authority to move any, or all, mid-week public holidays to a nearby Monday (except New Year, Independence Day, día de La Virgen de Caacupé, and Maundy Thursday and Good Friday).
Despite its passage over a decade ago (29-Jun-2001), and regular calls for the executive to avail itself of its prerogative (23-Sep-2010 and 26-Jul-2008), the provisions of law 1723/01 had rarely been used before 2012 (24-Jul-2012).
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Paraguay bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (May 2018)
Paraguay 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Paraguay 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Paraguay 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Paraguay 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Paraguay 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2017-11-21: Paraguay 2018 Public Holidays Released
• 2016-11-22: Paraguay 2017 Public Holidays Released
• 2015-12-10: Paraguay 2016 Public Holidays Released
• 2014-12-18: Paraguay 2015 Public Holidays Finalized
• 2012-08-03: Paraguay 2013 Public Holidays Amended
• 2012-07-24: Paraguay Mid-Week Public Holidays Update
• 2010-09-23: Paraguay Legislature Wants To Move Mid-Week Public Holidays
• 2008-07-26: Paraguay Pressured To Apply 2001 Law On Mid-Week Public Holidays
• 2001-06-29: Paraguay Law To Move Mid-Week Public Holidays