Source: Government of Zimbabwe (Harare)
Zimbabwe's President, Emmerson Mnangagwa, is reported to be considering the declaration of a one-off public holiday in Zimbabwe on the occasion of the coming Presidential and Parliamentary elections, scheduled for July or August of 2018.
Election-related public holidays are relatively common in Zimbabwe (21-Aug-2013, 25-Jul-2013, 22-Jul-2013, 08-Jul-2013, 14-Mar-2013), initially based on Section 2 (2) of the "Public Holidays and Prohibition of Business Act (Chapter10:21)", which gave Zimbabwe's President the power to declare special one-off public holidays, and more recently based on Section IX-39-2 of the Statutory Instrument 85/2013 (Zimbabwe Electoral Act consolidated as at 22 June 2013).
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Zimbabwe bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (May 2018)
Zimbabwe 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Zimbabwe 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Zimbabwe 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Zimbabwe 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Zimbabwe 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2018-07-19: Zimbabwe Public Holiday July 30
• 2018-05-31: Zimbabwe Electoral Public Holiday Gazetted
• 2013-08-21: Zimbabwe Public Holiday August 22
• 2013-07-25: Zimbabwe Declares July 31 Public Holiday
• 2013-07-22: Zimbabwe Mulls July 31 Public Holiday
• 2013-07-08: Zimbabwe Public Holiday July 31 ?
• 2013-03-14: Zimbabwe Public Holiday March 16