Source: Kuwait Al Youm (Kuwait Gazette)
Kuwait is considering extending the public holidays entitlement of private sector employees to also include the official holidays adopted by the Civil Service Commission, usually on the occasion of the 2 Eid holidays to link those with a neighboring weekend .
A year and a half ago (16-Jul-2017), the Kuwaiti amended Private Sector Labor Law took effect, thus amending the labour law gazetted 9 years ago (22-Feb-2010, 25-Dec-2009, 18-Feb-2009 and 03-Feb-2009), the "State of Kuwait New Private Sector Labour Law No.6 Of 2010", which increased the number of public holidays for the private sector from eight, currently, to thirteen, including three days for Eid Al-Fitr, three days for Eid Al-Adha, as well as the February 26, Liberation Day, public holiday, a public sector only holiday beforehand.
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Kuwait bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (January 2019)
Kuwait 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Kuwait 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Kuwait 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Kuwait 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Kuwait 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2017-07-16: Kuwait New Labour Law Takes Effect
• 2010-02-22: Kuwait New Labour Law Officially Gazetted
• 2009-12-25: Kuwait Approves New Labour Law
• 2009-02-18: Kuwait Labour Law Amendments To Reach Assembly By March 3
• 2009-02-03: Kuwait Revises Private Sector Labor Law