Source: Philippine Information Agency (Manila)
Philippines President, Benigno Aquino III, has signed Proclamation No. 826, s. 2014, which declares Tuesday, July 29, 2014, as the date of the upcoming Eid'l Fitr (End of Ramadan) annual non-working public holiday in the Philippines.
As per the aforementioned proclamation, "In order to bring the religious and cultural significance of the Eid'l Fitr to the fore of national consciousness, it is necessary to declare Tuesday, 29 July 2014, as a regular holiday throughout the country".
Last fall (30-Sep-2013), President Aquino had signed the Proclamation No. 655, s. 2013 which listed the special and regular public holidays in the Philippines for the calendar year 2014, and included a slot to be filled-in for the Eid'l Fitr (End of Ramadan) non-working public holiday added to the list of Philippines public holidays a decade ago (23-Jan-2002).
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Philippines bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (July 2014)
Philippines 2017 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Philippines 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Philippines 2019 bank holidays and public holidays
Philippines 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Philippines 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2017-06-16: Philippines End of Ramadan Public Holiday June 26
• 2016-07-04: Philippines End of Ramadan Public Holiday July 6
• 2016-07-03: Philippines July 6 Public Holiday Expected
• 2015-07-09: Philippines End of Ramadan 2015 Announced
• 2014-10-23: Philippines Amon Jaded Public Holiday October 25
• 2014-07-21: Philippines July 28 Public Holiday Ruled-Out
• 2014-07-17: Philippines End of Ramadan 2014 Date Question
• 2013-09-30: Philippines 2014 Public Holidays Announced
• 2002-01-23: Philippines To Make End Of Ramadan A Full Public Holiday