Source: Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Monrovia)
The President of Liberia, Ellen Johnson-Sirleaf, has issued a proclamation declaring Sunday, July 26, 2015, as a national non-working public holiday in Liberia to be observed across the country on account of Liberia's 168th Independence Day.
As per Liberian law (the "Patriotic Observances Law", Title 26, Liberian Code of Laws of 1956), fixed-date public holidays that fall on a Sunday are not meant to be compensated by a day in lieu public holiday on the following Monday.
However, in the past, this has often been done on an ad hoc basis, often at the last minute (14-Mar-2015, 22-Aug-2014, 12-Mar-2012, 14-Mar-2009 and 23-Aug-2008), and the aforementioned proclamation goes on to state that "since the Day falls on Sunday, it will be commemorated on Monday, July 27, 2015.".
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Liberia bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (July 2015)
Liberia 2017 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Liberia 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Liberia 2019 bank holidays and public holidays
Liberia 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Liberia 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2015-11-26: Liberian Public Holidays November 29-30
• 2015-03-14: Liberian Public Holiday March 15-16
• 2014-08-22: Liberian Public Holidays August 24-25
• 2012-03-12: Liberian Public Holidays March 14 and 15
• 2009-03-14: Liberia Declares March 15-16 Public Holidays
• 2008-08-23: Liberia Declares Day In Lieu For Flag Day Public Holiday