Source: Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Monrovia)
The President of Liberia, Ellen Johnson-Sirleaf, has issued a proclamation declaring Sunday, November 29, 2015, as a non-working public holiday in Liberia, to commemorate the 120th Birth Anniversary of Liberia's 18th President, Mr. William V.S. Tubman.
As per Liberian law (the "Patriotic Observances Law", Title 26, Liberian Code of Laws of 1956), fixed-date public holidays that fall on a Sunday are not meant to be compensated by a day in lieu public holiday on the following Monday.
However, in the past, this has often been done on an ad hoc basis, often at the last minute (20-Jul-2015, 14-Mar-2015, 22-Aug-2014, 12-Mar-2012, 14-Mar-2009 and 23-Aug-2008), and the aforementioned proclamation goes on to state that "The Day is to be observed on Monday, November 30, 2015, throughout the Republic as a National Holiday".
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Liberia bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (November 2015)
Liberia 2017 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Liberia 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Liberia 2019 bank holidays and public holidays
Liberia 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Liberia 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2017-02-09: Liberian Armed Forces Public Holiday February 11
• 2016-08-22: Liberian Public Holiday August 24
• 2015-07-20: Liberian Public Holidays July 26-27
• 2015-03-14: Liberian Public Holiday March 15-16
• 2014-08-22: Liberian Public Holidays August 24-25
• 2012-03-12: Liberian Public Holidays March 14 and 15
• 2009-03-14: Liberia Declares March 15-16 Public Holidays
• 2008-08-23: Liberia Declares Day In Lieu For Flag Day Public Holiday