Source: Agencia Boliviana de Información (La Paz)
Bolivia's Minister of Labour, Gonzalo Trigoso, has issued a communiqué reminding the Bolivian population that, once again, Friday, January 22, 2016, would be observed as an official non-working public holiday ("feriado con suspensión de actividades") throughout Bolivia to commemorate the anniversary of the establishment of the plurinational state of Bolivia ("aniversario del Estado Plurinacional").
As usual (15-Jan-2015, 21-Jan-2013, 18-Jan-2012, 05-Jan-2012 and 13-Jan-2011), the aforementioned communiqué specifies that the upcoming January 22, 2016, official non-working public holiday throughout Bolivia applies to all sectors of the economy ("el feriado tiene vigencia para el sector público y privado").
Six years ago (20-Jan-2010), January 22, was declared a one-off public holiday, the "Día de la Fundación del Estado Plurinacional de Bolivia", to coincide with Juan Evo Morales Ayma's second inauguration as President of Bolivia. The January 22 public holiday was confirmed as an annual non-working public holiday for both the private and public sectors, nationwide ("se declaró feriado nacional con la suspensión de actividades públicas y privadas de todo el territorio nacional"), the following year (13-Jan-2011), with a confirmation, a year later (05-Jan-2012) that the January 22 public holiday of Bolivia would follow the day in lieu system, as had recently been done (21-Dec-2011), when the government of Bolivia declared an additional one-off non-working public holiday throughout Bolivia, due to the January 22 annual public holiday falling on a Sunday in the calendar year 2012.
Bolivian Minister of Labour Trigoso did however point-out that the workday of Thursday, January 21, 2016, would not be shortened ("No existirá horario continuo un día antes"), as was done recently on account of both the Christmas Day and New Year's Day Bolivian non-working public holidays falling on a Friday (29-Dec-2015).
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Bolivia bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (January 2016)
Bolivia 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Bolivia 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Bolivia 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Bolivia 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Bolivia 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2018-02-09: Bolivian Public Holidays February 12-13
• 2018-01-17: Bolivian Public Holidays January 22 Announced
• 2017-02-24: Bolivian Public Holidays February 27-28
• 2017-01-06: Bolivian Public Holidays January 22-23
• 2015-12-29: Bolivian 2015-2016 Year-End Public Holidays
• 2015-01-15: Bolivian Public Holiday January 22
• 2013-01-21: Bolivian Public Holiday January 22
• 2012-01-18: Bolivian Bank Holiday January 23
• 2012-01-05: Bolivian Public Holidays January 22-23
• 2011-12-21: Bolivian Year-End Public Holidays Gazetted
• 2011-01-13: Bolivia Confirms January And June Public Holidays
• 2010-01-20: Bolivia Declares January 22 Public Holiday