Source: Federacija Bosna i Hercegovina News (Sarajevo)
The Ministry of Public Administration and Local Self-Government of the Republika Srpska (RS) of Bosnia and Herzegovina has announced that, notwithstanding the recent declaration of the "Day of the RS" annual non-working public holiday, as unconstitutional by the Constitutional Court of Bosnia and Herzegovina, the Government of RS had nonetheless declared January 9, 2016, as a non-working public holiday in the RS part of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Almost 7 years ago (18-Jul-2009), Bosnia's Council of Ministers had approved a draft law on public holidays. But, this draft was never converted into law, and despite a second version of a draft of public holidays for Bosnia and Herzegovina, being sent by Bosnian parliament speaker, Denis Becirovic, the process of turning that draft into law stalled (16-Jan-2014).
Thus, all recent announcements of the annual non-working public holidays in Bosnia and Herzegovina (01-Jan-2016, 04-Jan-2015, 13-Nov-2013 and 10-Nov-2012), are a patchwork of independently announced regional public holidays for the Bosnian Federation (FBiH) and the Republic of Srpska (RS).
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Bosnia and Herzegovina bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (January 2016)
Bosnia and Herzegovina 2017 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Bosnia and Herzegovina 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Bosnia and Herzegovina 2019 bank holidays and public holidays
Bosnia and Herzegovina 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Bosnia and Herzegovina 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2017-01-05: Bosnian Serb Republic January 6-7-9 Public Holidays
• 2016-07-16: Bosnian January 9 Public Holiday Referendum
• 2016-01-01: Bosnian 2016 Public Holidays Announced
• 2015-01-04: Bosnian 2015 Public Holidays Announced
• 2014-01-16: Bosnian Public Holidays Legislation Stalled
• 2013-11-13: Bosnian 2014 Public Holidays Announced
• 2012-11-10: Bosnian 2013 Public Holidays Announced
• 2009-07-18: Bosnia Finally Approves Draft Law On Public Holidays