Source: Ministry of Foreign Affairs Republic of the Union of Myanmar (Yangoon)
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the government of Myanmar has announced its annual list of the dates of the official Myanmar bank holidays and non-working public holidays in Myanmar for the upcoming calendar year 2017.
As usual (13-Nov-2015, 03-Nov-2014, 01-Nov-2013, 18-Dec-2012, 19-Oct-2011, and 21-Sep-2010), the salient points of note are the dates of the full Moon non-working public holidays, the extension, or not, of the Burmese New Year public holidays, and the always oddly occurring Kayin New Year public holiday(s).
Contrary to what happened in 2015, leading to errors in the dates of the official public holidays in Myanmar published by the government of Myanmar, the Myanmar Calendar Advisory Board has correctly decided that the Burmese Era year 1379 would be a common year (no leap month and no leap day).
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Myanmar (formerly Burma) bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (November 2016)
Myanmar (formerly Burma) 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Myanmar (formerly Burma) 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Myanmar (formerly Burma) 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Myanmar (formerly Burma) 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Myanmar (formerly Burma) 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2017-11-30: Myanmar 2018 Public Holidays Announced
• 2017-03-14: Myanmar 2017 Public Holidays Changes Confirmed
• 2017-03-10: Myanmar Mulls 2017 Public Holidays Changes
• 2015-11-13: Myanmar 2016 Public Holidays Amended
• 2014-11-03: Myanmar 2015 Public Holidays Announced
• 2013-11-01: Myanmar 2014 Public Holidays Announced
• 2012-12-18: Myanmar 2013 Public Holidays Announced
• 2011-10-19: Myanmar 2012 Public Holidays Announced
• 2010-09-21: Myanmar 2011 Public Holidays Announced