Source: Presidencia de la República del Paraguay (Asunción)
The Legal Department of the Presidency of the Republic of Paraguay has announced that, at the request of the Church, the President of Paraguay, Horacio Cartes, has issued Decree No. 6382, amending Article 1 of the earlier Decree No. 6292 of November 17, 2016, ("por el que se modifica el artículo 1° del Decreto N° 6292 del 17 de noviembre de 2016") so that August 15, 2017, would be a non-working public holiday in Paraguay in 2017, after all.
Last month (22-Nov-2016), President Cartes had signed the "Decreto número 6292" which listed the annual official non-working public holidays in Paraguay for the upcoming calendar year 2017, including which of the annual non-working public holidays of Paraguay would be moved to adjoin a nearby weekend during the calendar year 2017, including that of Tuesday, August 15, 2017, which had been moved to Monday, August 14, 2017, initially by decree 6292.
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Paraguay bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (November 2016)
Paraguay 2017 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Paraguay 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Paraguay 2019 bank holidays and public holidays
Paraguay 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Paraguay 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2017-09-12: Paraguay October 2 Public Holiday
• 2017-08-02: Paraguay August 15 Public Holiday Re-Confirmed
• 2017-03-24: Paraguay Senate Votes Public Holidays Legislation Amendments
• 2016-12-13: Paraguayan 2016-2017 Year-End Public Holidays Ruled-Out
• 2016-11-22: Paraguay 2017 Public Holidays Released