Source: Boletín Oficial de la Ciudad de Ceuta (BOCCE)
Various groups in the legislative assembly of Spain's autonomous region of Ceuta (Ilustre Pleno de !a Asamblea de Ceuta) have begun a new push to add another Muslim public holiday to the list of annual non-working public holiday in Spain's autonomous region of Ceuta, the official calendario laboral) of the Ciudad Autónoma de Ceuta.
Seven years ago (18-Sep-2009), after lengthy discussions (15-Sep-2009 and 16-Sep-2009), Ceuta approved the declaration of the Eid al-Adha (Pascua musulmana del sacrificio) as a one-off regional public holiday, and made the change permanent, the year after (23-Sep-2010), by canceling the September 2, Día de la Autonomía, public holiday.
Calls for the "Fiesta de Ruptura del Ayuno", also known as Eid al Fitr, or End of Ramadan, to also be declared as a non-working public holiday in Ceuta followed almost immediately (20-Sep-2011, 19-Oct-2012 and 12-Sep-2013), with the previous initiative proposing the declaration of the End of Ramadan (Eid al-Fitr) Muslim religious holiday as a non-working public holiday in Ceuta in 2014 by taking advantage of the fact that Spain's National Day, on October 12, would fall on a Sunday in 2014.
This time, in the initiative now being discussed in the plenary session of the legislative assembly of Spain's autonomous region of Ceuta, the idea would be to take advantage of the fact that the New Year holiday on January 1st will fall on a Sunday in 2017, and therefore that it could be exchanged for June 26, expected date of the "Fiesta de Ruptura del Ayuno", or End of Ramadan.
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Spain bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (July 2016)
Spain 2017 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Spain 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Spain 2019 bank holidays and public holidays
Spain 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Spain 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2016-10-08: Spain 2017 Ceuta Public Holidays Gazetted
• 2016-10-02: Spain 2017 Ceuta Public Holidays Announced
• 2013-09-12: Spain Call For Additional Ceuta Muslim Public Holiday
• 2012-10-19: Spain Rules-Out Ceuta Public Holiday Change
• 2011-09-20: Spain Rules-Out Ceuta Ramadan Public Holiday
• 2010-09-23: Spain Amends Ceuta Public Holidays
• 2009-09-18: Spain's Ceuta Regional Muslim Public Holiday In 2010
• 2009-09-16: Spain's Ceuta Debates Regional Muslim Public Holiday
• 2009-09-15: Spain Could Extend Aïd Public Holiday To Ceuta