Source: Government of West Bengal (Kolkata)
The Chief Minister of the Government of India's state of West Bengal, Mamata Banerjee, has announced that Buddha Purnima would be a non-working public holidays in India's state of West Bengal.
The aforementioned declaration of Buddha Purnima as a non-working public holiday in India's state of West Bengal thus amends the previously-released list of West Bengal non-working public holidays for the calendar year 2017 (01-Nov-2016).
India's state of West Bengal thus joins Chandigarh (08-Dec-2016), Chhattisgarh (09-Dec-2016), Delhi (09-Dec-2016), Himachal Pradesh (03-Oct-2016), Haryana (26-Nov-2016), Jharkhand (18-Dec-2016), Jammu and Kashmir (11-Dec-2016), Maharashtra (20-Nov-2016), Manipur (11-Nov-2016), Uttarakhand (13-Nov-2016), and Uttar Pradesh (04-Dec-2016), which have already declared Buddha Purnima as a public holiday for the calendar year 2017.
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• India bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (February 2017)
India 2017 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
India 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
India 2019 bank holidays and public holidays
India 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
India 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2016-12-18: India 2017 Jharkhand Public Holidays Announced
• 2016-12-11: India 2017 Jammu and Kashmir Public Holidays Announced
• 2016-12-09: India 2017 Delhi NCT Public Holidays Announced
• 2016-12-09: India 2017 Chhattisgarh Public Holidays Announced
• 2016-12-08: India 2017 Chandigarh Public Holidays Announced
• 2016-12-04: India 2017 Uttar Pradesh Public Holidays Announced
• 2016-11-26: India 2017 Haryana Public Holidays Announced
• 2016-11-20: India 2017 Maharashtra Public Holidays Announced
• 2016-11-13: India 2017 Uttarakhand Public Holidays Announced
• 2016-11-11: India 2017 Manipur Public Holidays Announced
• 2016-11-01: Indian 2017 West Bengal Public Holidays Announced
• 2016-10-03: India 2017 Himachal Pradesh Public Holidays Announced