Source: Situs Resmi Kementerian Koordinator Bidang Kesejahteraan Rakyat (Jakarta)
The government of Indonesia, under the leadership of the Deputy Coordinating Ministry for Education and Religion PMK, Agus Sartono, accompanied by the Deputy Assistant Coaching for Religious, Religion and Religious Education, Sahlan, has begun discussions on a draft of the annual list of official non-working 2018 public holidays in Indonesia.
The annual list of official non-working 2018 public holidays in Indonesia, which we can expect by the coming spring or summer(14-Apr-2016, 26-Jun-2015, 07-May-2014, 23-Aug-2013, 20-Jul-2012, 14-Jul-2011,...) in an annual decree ("Surat Keputusan Bersama (SKB) Hari Libur Nasional dan Cuti Bersama Tahun 2018"), will likely include public holidays and collective leave days ("cuti bersama"), which were introduced after the 2002 Bali bombings (07-Nov-2002) to promote internal tourism as a means to compensate diminishing foreign tourism.
The number of these additional public holidays rose from 3 in 2002 to 6 in 2008 (31-May-2007), but then later in 2008, the number of these was sharply reduced (05-Feb-2008), while subsequent years' announcements (15-Jun-2010, 14-Jul-2011 and 01-Feb-2012) brought the total of Cuti Bersama close to the pre-2008 counts, and then to their lowest tally in recent years (07-May-2014, 24-Oct-2014, 22-Feb-2015 and 23-Aug-2013).
For 2017, the initial tally of 4 Cuti Bersama (14-Apr-2016), also pre-announced (22-Feb-2016), was later re-shuffled (19-Dec-2016 and 29-Nov-2016) and off the record statements indicate that there will be 5 Cuti Bersama in the 2018 list of public holidays of Indonesia.
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Indonesia bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (March 2017)
Indonesia 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Indonesia 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Indonesia 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Indonesia 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Indonesia 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2016-12-19: Indonesian 2017 Public Holidays Amendments Gazetted
• 2016-11-29: Indonesian 2017 Public Holidays Amended
• 2016-04-14: Indonesian 2017 Public Holidays Announced
• 2016-02-22: Indonesia Prepares 2017 Public Holidays
• 2015-06-26: Indonesian 2016 Public Holidays Announced
• 2015-02-22: Indonesian 2015 Public Holidays Amended Again
• 2014-10-24: Indonesian 2015 Public Holidays Amended
• 2014-05-07: Indonesian 2015 Public Holidays Gazetted
• 2013-08-23: Indonesian 2014 Public Holidays Gazetted
• 2012-07-20: Indonesian 2013 Public Holidays Gazetted
• 2012-02-01: Indonesian 2012 Public Holidays Amended
• 2011-07-14: Indonesia 2012 Public Holidays Gazetted
• 2010-06-15: Indonesia 2011 Public Holidays Gazetted
• 2008-02-05: Indonesia Cancels 3 Upcoming Bridge Public Holidays
• 2007-05-31: Indonesia 2008 Public Holidays Gazetted
• 2002-11-07: Indonesia 2002 Public Holidays Amended