Source: The Jakarta Post (ANTARA)
Jakarta's Acting Governor Sumarsono has announced a regional non-working public holiday in Jakarta, Indonesia's political and economic capital, on Wednesday, February 15, 2017, on the date of the upcoming Jakarta gubernatorial election (Pemilukada).
Five years ago (21-Jun-2012), Jakarta's General Election Commission (KPU) had similarly declared a regional non-working public holiday in Jakarta, Indonesia's political and economic capital, on Wednesday, July 11, 2012, on the first round of the Jakarta gubernatorial elections, as had been requested the previous fall (16-Nov-2011), and again on Thursday, September 20, 2012, on the occasion of the second round of the Jakarta gubernatorial election (15-Sep-2012).
Ten years ago (16-Jun-2007), Wednesday, August 8, 2007, had been declared a one-off public holiday in the municipal area of Jakarta, in order to encourage Jakartans to vote in city's first ever direct gubernatorial election.
In Indonesia, the date of elections is often declared a public holiday (25-Nov-2015, 02-Jul-2014, 03-Apr-2014, 23-Jan-2014, 15-Sep-2012, 21-Jun-2012, 10-May-2010, 03-Jul-2009, 31-Mar-2009, 06-Jul-2008, 30-Mar-2004 and 29-May-1999).
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Indonesia bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (February 2017)
Indonesia 2017 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Indonesia 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Indonesia 2019 bank holidays and public holidays
Indonesia 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Indonesia 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2015-11-25: Indonesian December 9 Public Holiday Official
• 2014-07-02: Indonesian Bank Holiday July 9
• 2014-04-03: Indonesian Public Holiday April 9
• 2014-01-23: Indonesia To Combine Election Dates From 2019
• 2012-09-15: Indonesian Public Holiday September 20
• 2012-06-21: Indonesian Public Holiday July 11
• 2011-11-16: Indonesian Jakarta Electoral Public Holiday In 2012
• 2010-05-10: Indonesia Declares May 11 Regional Public Holiday
• 2009-07-03: Indonesia Confirms July 8 Electoral Public Holiday
• 2009-03-31: Indonesia Declares April 9 Public Holiday
• 2008-07-06: Indonesia Declares July 9 Public Holiday In Bali
• 2007-06-16: Indonesia's Capital Will Declare August 8 Public Holiday
• 2004-03-30: Indonesia Declares April 5 and July 5 Public Holidays
• 1999-05-29: Indonesia Declares June 7 Public Holiday