Source: Oman News Agency (Muscat)
Omani authorities have announced similar dates for the upcoming 2017 Blessed Renaissance Day non-working public holidays in Oman, for both the public sector and the private sector of Oman.
The aforementioned announcement of a decision issued by Oman's Minister of the Diwan of Royal Court and Chairman of the Civil Service Council, Khalid bin Hilal bin Saud Al Busaidi, for the public sector, declares Sunday, July 23, 2017, as an official non-working public holiday in Oman for employees at ministries, public authorities and other departments of the state's administrative apparatus, on the occasion of the annual Blessed Renaissance Day annual public holiday of Oman.
Similarly, the Minister of Manpower, Sheikh Abdullah bin Nassir Al Bakri, announced that Sunday, July 23, 2017, would be an official non-working public holiday for employees of private sector companies and establishments.
The Omani Blessed Renaissance Day public holiday is sometimes (17-Jul-2016, 13-Jul-2015, 21-Jul-2014, 20-Jul-2010, 22-Jul-2009, and 20-Jul-2008), but not always (17-Jul-2013, 15-Jul-2012 and 17-Jul-2011), moved from its set annual date of July 23.
Recall that, since May 1st, 2013, Oman observes Friday-Saturday as the weekend for both the public as well as the private sector (06-Apr-2013).
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Oman bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (July 2017)
Oman 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Oman 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Oman 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Oman 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Oman 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2016-07-17: Omani Public Holidays July 23-24
• 2015-07-13: Oman 2015 Eid al-Fitr Public Holidays
• 2014-07-21: Oman 2014 Eid al-Fitr Public Holidays
• 2013-07-17: Omani 2013 Blessed Renaissance Public Holiday
• 2013-04-06: Omani Weekends Change May 1st
• 2012-07-15: Oman Public Holiday July 23 Confirmed
• 2011-07-17: Oman Declares July 23 Nationwide Public Holiday
• 2010-07-20: Oman Declares July 24 Public Holiday
• 2009-07-22: Oman Declares July 25 Additional Renaissance Day Public Holiday
• 2008-07-20: Oman Moves July 23 Holiday For Private Sector