Source: AngoNotícias (Luanda)
The government of Angola, represented at the recent SADC Ministerial Committee Meeting in Lusaka, has proposed that SADC member countries declare March 23 as a new annual non-working public holiday.
The proposal is unlikely to come to a pass, soon, as late last year (16-Dec-2010), the Angolan lower house of parliament overwhelmingly passed the "Ley de los Feriados Nacionales y Locales" which revises the legislation on public holidays in Angola, and after some last-ditch attempts by the opposition, the reconciled bill was approved without any substantial changes at the end of January (20-Jan-2011) and signed into law by Angolan President, José Eduardo dos Santos, the following month (15-Feb-2011).
• Angola bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (June 2011)
Angola 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Angola 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Angola 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Angola 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Angola 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2011-07-17: Australia's Victoria Opposition Calls For Extra Public Holiday
• 2011-02-15: Angola Public Holidays Revision Signed Into Law
• 2011-01-20: Angola Approves Revised Public Holidays Law
• 2010-12-16: Angola Revises Public Holidays Legislation