Source: Ghana News Agency (Accra)
Ghana's new Minister of the Interior, Mark Woyongo, has announced that, earlier today, Ghana's President had declared Monday, September 22, 2014, as an additional statutory non-working public holiday in Ghana on account of the upcoming Birthday of Osagyefo Dr Kwame Nkrumah annual public holiday.
The aforementioned announcement that Monday, September 22, 2014, had been declared a statutory non-working public holiday in Ghana, is in addition to the list of official 2014 non-working public holidays in Ghana, announced earlier this year (02-Jan-2014).
The declaration of an additional public holiday in Ghana, next Monday, was justified in the aforementioned announcement as due to the fact that the annual public holiday's data falls on a weekend this year.
Last year (20-Sep-2013) was the first time that the recently-declared September 21 public holiday for the Birthday of Kwame Nkrumah (03-Sep-2009) fell on a weekend and, until then, it was unclear if a day in lieu public holiday would be declared as is sometimes done for other annual public holidays in Ghana (24-May-2013).
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Ghana bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (September 2014)
Ghana 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Ghana 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Ghana 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Ghana 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Ghana 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2017-12-30: Ghana 2018 Public Holidays Announced
• 2017-09-18: Ghana To Change September 21 Public Holiday
• 2016-12-30: Ghana 2017 Public Holidays Announced
• 2016-01-01: Ghana 2016 Public Holidays Announced
• 2015-01-03: Ghana 2015 Public Holidays Announced
• 2014-01-02: Ghana 2014 Public Holidays Announced
• 2013-09-20: Ghana Public Holiday September 23
• 2013-05-24: Ghana Public Holiday May 27
• 2009-09-03: Ghana's President Confirms September 21 Public Holiday