Source: Office of the Prime Minister of the Republic of Uganda (Kampala)
The government of Uganda had declared that Thursday, May 12, 2016, would be yet another non-working public holiday in Uganda, this time on account of the upcoming swearing-in ceremony for President Yoweri Museveni.
Earlier this year (10-Feb-2016), the government of Uganda had declared Wednesday, February 24, 2016, as a non-working public holiday in Uganda, on account of the upcoming election of Local Government Leaders, barely a week after it had declared both Tuesday and Thursday, February 16 and 18, 2016, as one-off non-working public holidays, in honour of Archbishop Janani Luwum (09-Feb-2016) and on account of the recent presidential polls (10-Feb-2016), respectively.
Five years ago (09-May-2011), Uganda's public service minister, Henry Kajura, had similarly announced that the Ugandan Government had declared Thursday, May 12, 2011, as a one-off public holiday on the occasion of the swearing-in ceremony of President-elect Yoweri Museveni, following a bumper crop of, one-off, election-related public holidays (11-Mar-2011, 07-Mar-2011, 21-Feb-2011, and 15-Feb-2011).
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Uganda bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (May 2016)
Uganda 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Uganda 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Uganda 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Uganda 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Uganda 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2018-07-05: Ugandan Public Holiday July 10
• 2018-06-19: Uganda Mulls July 10 Public Holiday
• 2016-02-10: Ugandan Public Holiday February 18
• 2016-02-09: Ugandan Public Holiday February 16
• 2011-05-09: Uganda Declares May 12 Public Holiday
• 2011-03-11: Uganda Declares March 14 Public Holiday
• 2011-03-07: Uganda Declares March 11 Regional Public Holiday
• 2011-02-21: Uganda Declares February 23 Public Holiday
• 2011-02-15: Uganda Declares February 18 Public Holiday