Source: El Heraldo (Tegucigalpa)
The government of Honduras has announced that the upcoming 2017 "Semana Morazánica", annual October public holidays of Honduras, would run from Wednesday to Saturday, October 4 to 7, 2017, as per the amended Decreto Legislativo No. 75-2014.
As per the aforementioned announcement, "El asueto que junta el natalicio de Francisco Morazán, el Día de la Raza y Día de las Fuerzas Armadas se otorgará a partir del miércoles 4 de octubre a las 12:00 del mediodía hasta el sábado 7 de octubre a la misma hora".
Before 2014, Honduras had 3 annual October non-working public holidays, on the 3rd, the 12th and the 21st, and over the years, the government of Honduras often tinkered with these 3 annual non-working public holidays (03-Oct-2013, 24-Sep-2013, 06-Oct-2012, 01-Oct-2012, 30-Sep-2011, 09-Apr-2003, 25-Oct-2008, 03-Oct-2007, 02-Oct-2006, and 30-Sep-2005).
The "Decreto Legislativo No. 75-2014 del 29 de septiembre", published in the Diario Oficial La Gaceta (27-Oct-2014, 02-Oct-2014, 10-Sep-2014 and 05-Sep-2014), moved of all 3 of Honduras' annual October non-working public holidays to the last week of October.
A year later (12-Dec-2015 and 01-Jul-2015), a bill was introduced and passed in Honduras' legislative assembly (05-Aug-2015), to amend the "Decreto Legislativo No. 75-2014 del 29 de septiembre" and move the 3 annual October public holidays of Honduras from the last week of October to the beginning of October (14-Aug-2015), due to the rainy season coinciding with the end of October in Honduras, and to give people more time to "recover" financially from these extended holidays before the onset of the Christmas shopping season.
For the private sector, the "Semana Morazánica" annual October public holidays of Honduras, only start at noon on Wednesday, to compensate the fact that the Honduras private sector usually works a half day on Saturdays, but that in the case of the "Semana Morazánica" public holidays of Honduras, Saturday will also be a full day off ("la empresa privada laborará el miércoles hasta el mediodía, porque como es conocido ellos trabajan el sábado y de esa forma no trabajarán esa mañana").
Concerning bank holidays in Honduras, the announcement mentions that "El sistema bancario y financiero nacional estará cerrado al público a partir del miércoles 4 octubre a los 12:00 del mediodía y finalizará el sábado 7 de octubre".
• Honduras bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (September 2017)
Honduras 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Honduras 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Honduras 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Honduras 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Honduras 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2018-10-11: Honduras Could Reconsider Morazánica Public Holidays
• 2017-09-28: Honduras Extends 2017 Morazánica Public Holidays
• 2015-12-12: Nicaragua 2015-2016 Year-End Public Holidays
• 2015-08-14: Honduras October Public Holidays Amended
• 2015-08-05: Honduras October Public Holidays Changes Update
• 2015-07-01: Honduras Mulls October Public Holidays Changes
• 2014-10-27: Honduras October Bank Holidays
• 2014-10-02: Honduras Gazettes October Public Holidays Changes
• 2014-09-10: Honduras Votes October Public Holidays Changes
• 2014-09-05: Honduras Mulls October Public Holidays Changes
• 2013-10-03: Honduras October 2013 Public Holidays
• 2013-09-24: Honduras Football Public Holiday October 11
• 2012-10-06: Honduras October 12 Public Holidays Moved Again
• 2012-10-01: Honduras October 2012 Public Holidays Moved
• 2011-09-30: Honduras October 2011 Public Holidays Moved
• 2008-10-25: Honduras Moves Army Day Public Holiday For Civil Servants To November 10
• 2007-10-03: Honduras Changes Dates Of October Public Holidays
• 2006-10-02: Honduras' Moving of 2006 October Public Holidays Confirmed
• 2005-09-30: Honduras Confirms 2005 October Public Holidays Omission
• 2003-04-09: Honduras Amends Public Holidays Legislation