Source: Jordan News Agency Petra (Amman)
Jordanian Prime Minister, Hani Mulqi, has issued a circular decreeing a non-working public holiday in Jordan on Thursday, September 21, 2017, to commemorate the upcoming annual Jordanian non-working public holiday for the Hijri New Year 1439.
The Jordanian government often (26-Apr-2017, 31-Oct-2013, 19-Apr-2013, 17-Jan-2013, 24-Apr-2012 and 25-Apr-2006), though not always (20-Oct-2014), moves mid-week public holidays to the nearest weekend, in particular the Labour Day non-working public holiday and the Hijri New Year public holiday to adjoin a nearby weekend.
Today's announcement, however, corresponds to the date of the non-working public holiday for the Hijri New Year 1439 as per the list of official non-working public holidays in Jordan for the calendar year 2017, which was announced last autumn (15-Oct-2016).
• Jordan bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (September 2017)
Jordan 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Jordan 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Jordan 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Jordan 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Jordan 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2018-09-08: Jordanian Hijri 1440 Public Holiday Announced
• 2017-04-26: Jordanian 2017 Labour Day Bank Holiday April 30
• 2016-10-15: Jordanian 2017 Bank and Public Holidays Announced
• 2014-10-20: Jordanian Hijri 1436 Public Holiday Announced
• 2013-10-31: Jordanian Hijri 1435 Public Holiday Moved
• 2013-04-19: Jordan Public Holiday May 2nd
• 2013-01-17: Jordanian Public Holiday Moved To January 20
• 2012-04-24: Jordan Public Holiday April 29
• 2006-04-25: Jordan Declares April 30 Labour Day Holiday