Source: Turkmenistan Government Information Agency (Ashgabad)
The parliament of Turkmenistan, the Mejlis, has adopted Amendments to the Labor Code of Turkmenistan which drastically change the annual calendar of official public holidays in Turkmenistan ("work at enterprises, organizations and institutions is not carried out on the following national holiday and memorable days").
Before the aforementioned Law on Amendments to the Labor Code, the previous large-scale amendments to the calendar of official annual public holidays in Turkmenistan was a decade ago (15-Aug-2008), when the President of Turkmenistan, Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov, signed into law the Turkmenistan Act No 207-III of 15 August 2008 to amend the Labour Code of 1972 (as amended in 1992), which amended article 66 of Turkmenistan's Labour Code, the part dealing with Holidays and Memorable Days.
Paragraph 3 of Article 81 of the Labour Code of Turkmenistan gives the President the discretionary powers to do so on a case-by-case basis, something that President Berdimuhammadov has done more and more frequently over the years (30-Aug-2017, 15-May-2014, 21-Dec-2013, 25-Oct-2013, 22-Dec-2012, 11-Feb-2012, 30-Dec-2011, 10-Dec-2010, 19-Mar-2010 and 10-Nov-2009).
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Turkmenistan bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (October 2017)
Turkmenistan 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Turkmenistan 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Turkmenistan 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Turkmenistan 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Turkmenistan 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2017-12-23: Turkmenistan 2017 Year-End Bank Holidays Ruled-Out
• 2017-08-30: Turkmenistan Public Holiday September 5
• 2014-05-15: Turkmenistan Public Holiday May 19
• 2013-12-21: Turkmenistan Adds December 31 Public Holiday
• 2013-10-25: Turkmenistan Extra Public Holiday October 29
• 2012-12-22: Turkmenistan Public Holiday December 31
• 2012-02-11: Turkmenistan Public Holiday February 20
• 2011-12-30: Turkmenistan January 2 Public Holiday
• 2010-12-10: Turkmenistan Declares December 13 Public Holiday
• 2010-03-19: Turkmenistan Extends Upcoming Novruz Public Holidays
• 2009-11-10: Turkmenistan 2009 Kurban Bayram Public Holidays Extended
• 2008-08-15: Turkmenistan Gazettes Public Holidays Law Amendments