Source: Agencia de Noticias del Ecuador y Sudamérica (ANDES)
Ecuador's President, Lenín Moreno Garcés, has issued the "decreto presidencial número 379" and the "decreto presidencial número 380" which once again break the rules set in the recent overhaul of Ecuador's annual public holidays, by moving the upcoming Labour Day annual public holiday of Ecuador, from Monday, April 30, 2018, to Tuesday, May 1, 2018, as well as declaring Monday, April 30, 2018, as a one-off non-working public holiday in Ecuador.
Late last year (21-Dec-2016), then Ecuador President, Rafael Correa, had signed into law the legislation (Suplemento Registro Oficial No.906), amending the 2003 "Ley Orgánica de Servicio Civil y Carrera Administrativa y de Unificación y Homologación de las Remuneraciones del Sector Público" (04-Dec-2003), by virtue of which most Ecuadorean public holidays' day off are moved to the nearest weekend, and also applies to regional public holidays in Ecuador ("Si es un feriado local, se hace lo mismo, se cambia a lunes, se hace un puente"), which had been approved by Ecuador's legislature, a couple of weeks before (13-Dec-2016), and had first been mentioned by President Correa, a couple of months before that (16-Oct-2016), during his weekly address to the nation (Enlace Ciudadano 496), when he mentioned that he had sent a bill to the Ecuadorean Asamblea Nacional to declare as a day in lieu non-working public holiday in Ecuador, the Friday before, or the Monday after, an annual non-working public holiday of Ecuador which falls on the weekend.
However, since his assumption of power, the current President of Ecuador, Lenín Moreno Garcés, has already tampered once with the rules governing the public holidays of Ecuador, when late last year (29-Mar-2017), he issued the "decreto presidencial número 228" which moved the Fundación de Quito annual public holiday of Ecuador, from December 8 to Wednesday, December 6, 2017.
• Ecuador bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (April 2018)
Ecuador 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Ecuador 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Ecuador 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Ecuador 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Ecuador 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2019-04-25: Ecuador Declares May 1st Public Holiday
• 2019-04-21: Ecuador Labour Day Public Holiday May 3
• 2018-11-30: Ecuador Amends December 2018 Public Holidays
• 2018-10-17: Ecuador Public Holidays November 1-4
• 2018-09-27: Ecuador Public Holidays October 6-7-8
• 2018-08-04: Ecuador Public Holidays August 10-12
• 2018-05-18: Ecuador Public Holiday May 25-27
• 2017-03-29: Kyrgyzstan May 2017 Public Holidays Amended
• 2016-12-21: Ecuador Public Holidays Changes Become Law
• 2016-12-13: Ecuador Legislature Approves Public Holidays Changes
• 2016-10-16: Ecuador Mulls Public Holidays Legislative Changes
• 2003-12-04: Ecuador Ratifies Change In Public Holidays Law