Source: Situs Resmi Kementerian Koordinator Bidang Kesejahteraan Rakyat (Jakarta)
The government of Indonesia has issued a revised and expanded version of its previously-released annual decree ("Surat Keputusan Bersama (SKB) Hari Libur Nasional dan Cuti Bersama Tahun 2018") designating the list of Indonesian public holidays and collective leave days ("cuti bersama") for the calendar year 2018, for both the private and public sectors.
The original list of 2018 public holidays in Indonesia (03-Oct-2017), in a decree from the Ministry of Religious Affairs, the Indonesian Ministry of Manpower and Transmigration, and the Ministry of Administrative Reform, designated 5 additional days of joint leave (Cuti Bersama), one more than was the case for the past four years (18-Apr-2017, 28-Dec-2016, 14-Apr-2016, 26-Jun-2015, 07-May-2014, 24-Oct-2014, 22-Feb-2015 and 23-Aug-2013), but in line with what was done the 2 years before that (20-Jul-2012 and 14-Jul-2011), when there were 5.
Today's revised decree ("Pemerintah Revisi Hari Libur Nasional Dan Cuti Bersama 2018") adds 3 collective leave days ("cuti bersama") for the calendar year 2018.
The Cuti Bersama were introduced after the 2002 Bali bombings (07-Nov-2002) to promote internal tourism as a means to compensate diminishing foreign tourism. The number of these additional public holidays rose from 3 in 2002 to 6 in 2008 (31-May-2007), but then later in 2008, the number of these was sharply reduced (05-Feb-2008), while subsequent years' announcements (15-Jun-2010, 14-Jul-2011 and 01-Feb-2012) brought the total of Cuti Bersama close to the pre-2008 counts.
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Indonesia bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (April 2018)
Indonesia 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Indonesia 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Indonesia 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Indonesia 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Indonesia 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2018-05-15: Indonesian 2018 Bank Holidays Amended
• 2017-10-03: Indonesian 2018 Public Holidays Announced
• 2017-04-18: Indonesian 2017 Bank Holidays Amended
• 2016-12-28: Indonesian 2017 Bank Holidays Announced
• 2016-04-14: Indonesian 2017 Public Holidays Announced
• 2015-06-26: Indonesian 2016 Public Holidays Announced
• 2015-02-22: Indonesian 2015 Public Holidays Amended Again
• 2014-10-24: Indonesian 2015 Public Holidays Amended
• 2014-05-07: Indonesian 2015 Public Holidays Gazetted
• 2013-08-23: Indonesian 2014 Public Holidays Gazetted
• 2012-07-20: Indonesian 2013 Public Holidays Gazetted
• 2012-02-01: Indonesian 2012 Public Holidays Amended
• 2011-07-14: Indonesia 2012 Public Holidays Gazetted
• 2010-06-15: Indonesia 2011 Public Holidays Gazetted
• 2008-02-05: Indonesia Cancels 3 Upcoming Bridge Public Holidays
• 2007-05-31: Indonesia 2008 Public Holidays Gazetted
• 2002-11-07: Indonesia 2002 Public Holidays Amended