Source: Kenya Broadcasting Corporation (Nairobi)
The Kenyan government has announced that it had declared Monday, June 2, 2014, as another day in lieu non-working public holiday in Kenya for the upcoming Madaraka Day annual public holiday of Kenya which falls on a Sunday in 2014.
The Madaraka Day public holiday, on June 1st, was one of the national holidays listed in the latest constitution's first drafts (21-Nov-2009), and was kept through the constitution's referendum (30-Jul-2010) and promulgation (12-Aug-2010).
Other Kenyan public holidays were not so lucky (07-Oct-2010).
Note that the declaration of day in lieu public holidays is semi-systematic in Kenya (21-Dec-2011 and 23-Dec-2010), despite the fact that sections 3 & 4 of the Public Holidays Act, states that public holidays shall remain on their set date, regardless of the day of the week.
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Kenya bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (May 2014)
Kenya 2017 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Kenya 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Kenya 2019 bank holidays and public holidays
Kenya 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Kenya 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2016-12-29: Kenyan Public Holiday January 2
• 2016-12-23: Kenyan Public Holiday December 27
• 2016-04-29: Kenyan Public Holiday May 2
• 2011-12-21: Kenya December 27 Public Holiday Ruled-Out
• 2010-12-23: Kenya Cancels December 27 Public Holiday
• 2010-10-07: Kenya Cancels October 10-11 Public Holidays
• 2010-08-12: Kenya Declares August 27 Public Holiday
• 2010-07-30: Kenya Declares August 4 Public Holiday
• 2009-11-21: Kenyan Constitutional Reform Would Keep Only 3 Public Holidays