Source: Montsame Agency (Ulaanbaatar)
The Head of the Information, Research and Technology Department of the Mongolian General Election Committee, B. Oyumaa, has announced that Wednesday, October 19, 2016, the date of the upcoming provincial councils local elections, would be another one-off electoral non-working public holiday in Mongolia.
The declaration of one-off electoral public holidays in Mongolia was (20-Dec-2011), but becoming more common. Past parliamentary elections (23-Dec-2012 and 26-Jun-2012), local administrative elections (16-Nov-2012), and presidential elections (11-Jun-2013), were all declared as one-off electoral non-working public holidays in Mongolia.
Work on a revised law on public holidays in Mongolia, to cater to such special cases as the one announced today, has been crawling along in parliament for a almost a decade (01-Jan-2010, 07-Apr-2009 and 20-Jan-2009).
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Mongolia bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (October 2016)
Mongolia 2017 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Mongolia 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Mongolia 2019 bank holidays and public holidays
Mongolia 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Mongolia 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2017-06-27: Mongolian Public Holiday July 7
• 2013-06-11: Mongolian Public Holiday June 26
• 2012-12-23: Mongolian Public Holiday December 31
• 2012-11-16: Mongolian Public Holiday November 21
• 2012-06-26: Mongolia Public Holiday June 28
• 2011-12-20: Mongolia Public Holiday December 29
• 2010-01-01: Mongolia Public Holidays Reform Update
• 2009-04-07: Mongolia Moves Public Holidays Reform Onto Legislative Agenda
• 2009-01-20: Mongolia Official Public Holidays List Review This Spring