Source: Presidencia de la República del Paraguay (Asunción)
The office of Paraguay's Presidency has confirmed that, beginning in 2012, both May 14 and May 15 would be non-working public holidays in Paraguay.
The aforementioned communique stems from the Ley 4.531 ("que reestablece el día 14 de mayo de cada año como feriado nacional"), signed into law late last year (30-Nov-2011), by Paraguay's President, Fernando Lugo.
In 2011, law 4316 had declared May 14 and 16, 2011, as additional one-off public holidays to commemorate the Bicentennial of Paraguay's independence (10-May-2011), but only after many tribulations (11-Mar-2011, 13-Apr-2011, 29-Apr-2011, and 05-May-2011).
The issue of either declaring May 14 as a new annual public holiday, or changing the May 15 public holiday to May 14, had long been a hot topic in Paraguay's legislature (10-Sep-2011, 29-Jan-2011, 12-Jan-2011, 21-Dec-2010, 13-May-2010).
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Paraguay bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (April 2012)
Paraguay 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Paraguay 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Paraguay 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Paraguay 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Paraguay 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2018-05-01: Paraguayan May 14-15 Public Holidays
• 2014-04-29: Paraguayan May 2014 Public Holidays
• 2013-04-08: Paraguay May and June 2013 Public Holidays
• 2011-11-30: Paraguay Double May Public Holidays Gazetted
• 2011-09-10: Paraguayan MPs Reject Public Holidays Bill
• 2011-05-10: Paraguay 3-Day May Public Holidays Official
• 2011-05-05: Paraguay's Lower House Approves 3-Day May Public Holidays
• 2011-04-29: Paraguay's Senate Approves 3-Day May Public Holidays
• 2011-04-13: Paraguay Moving Towards 4-Day May Public Holidays
• 2011-03-11: Paraguay Considering Extra May Public Holiday
• 2011-01-29: Paraguay Lawmakers Approve 2 New Public Holidays
• 2011-01-12: Paraguay May 14 Public Holiday Update
• 2010-12-21: Paraguay Considering May 14 Public Holiday
• 2010-05-13: Paraguay Declares May 14 Regional Public Holiday