Source: Kabinet van de President van de Republiek Suriname (Paramarimbo)
Suriname's Ministry of the Interior has announced that the upcoming Holi (Holi Phagwa) annual non-working public holiday in Suriname would be observed on Friday, March 2, 2018.
In a separate statement, the Ministry of the Interior categorized as fake news, the reports circulating that Monday, February 26, 2018, had been declared a non-working public holiday in Surname, on account of the annual Day of the Revolution annual non-working public holiday of Suriname (06-Feb-2011 and 27-Jan-2011), falling on a Sunday in 2018.
The aforementioned announcements of the upcoming Holi Phagwa non-working public holiday for Friday, March 2, 2018, as was the case on previous occasions (02-Mar-2017, 02-Mar-2015 and 22-Mar-2013), is in line with the list of 2018 Surname public holidays released earlier this year (23-Jan-2018).
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Suriname bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (February 2018)
Suriname 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Suriname 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Suriname 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Suriname 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Suriname 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2018-01-23: Suriname 2018 Public Holidays Announced
• 2017-03-02: Suriname Public Holiday March 13
• 2015-03-02: Suriname Public Holiday March 6
• 2013-03-22: Suriname Public Holiday March 27
• 2011-02-06: Suriname Adds February 25 Public Holiday
• 2011-01-27: Suriname Declares CNY Public Holiday