Source: Agencia Boliviana de Información (La Paz)
Bolivia's Deputy Minister of Labour, Felix Rojas, has ratified a confirmation of January 22 and June 21 as annual non-working public holidays in Bolivia.
Two years ago (18-Jun-2009), the Government of Bolivia passed the Decreto Supremo Nº 173 declaring that the Indigenous New Year, on June 21, would henceforth be an annual public holiday in Bolivia. However, at that time, many eastern provinces refused to observe the holiday arguing that this was a holiday limited to the Andean region from which the current President, Evo Morales, hailed.
Then, last year (09-Jun-2010), Bolivia's Ministry of Labour announced that the upcoming, June 21, Año Nuevo Aymara public holiday would be observed by both the private and public sectors, nationwide.
For its part, January 22 had been declared a one-off public holiday, last year (20-Jan-2010), to coincide with Juan Evo Morales Ayma's second inauguration as President of Bolivia.
Both public holidays are now confirmed as annual non-working public holidays for both the private and public sectors, nationwide ("se declaró feriado nacional con la suspensión de actividades públicas y privadas de todo el territorio nacional").
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Bolivia bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (January 2011)
Bolivia 2017 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Bolivia 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Bolivia 2019 bank holidays and public holidays
Bolivia 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Bolivia 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2017-02-24: Bolivian Public Holidays February 27-28
• 2017-01-06: Bolivian Public Holidays January 22-23
• 2016-01-14: Bolivian Public Holidays January 22-24
• 2015-01-15: Bolivian Public Holiday January 22
• 2013-01-21: Bolivian Public Holiday January 22
• 2012-01-18: Bolivian Bank Holiday January 23
• 2012-01-05: Bolivian Public Holidays January 22-23
• 2010-06-09: Bolivia Confirms June 21 Nationwide Public Holiday
• 2010-01-20: Bolivia Declares January 22 Public Holiday
• 2009-06-18: Bolivia Declares June 21 Public Holiday