Source: Secretaria de Estado de Trabajo (SET)
The Secretary of State for Labour of the Dominican Republic has released its official listing of public holidays for the year 2009. The dates announced are in line with our long-tern forecasts.
In particular, the list keeps Restauration Day fixed on August 16 (21-Feb-2008) but does move the Labour Day public holiday, despite recent moves to make it a fixed public holiday (24-May-2008).
Note that the SET web page listing 2009 public holidays in the Dominican Republic is missing the public holidays of the Semana Santa (the week before Easter). But, the file that can be downloaded from the same page does include all 2009 public holidays.
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Dominican Republic bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (November 2008)
Dominican Republic 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Dominican Republic 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Dominican Republic 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Dominican Republic 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Dominican Republic 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2013-04-01: Dominican Republic 2014 Easter Public Holidays Extended
• 2012-11-27: Dominican Republic 2013 Public Holidays Announced
• 2011-11-01: Dominican Republic 2012 Public Holidays Announced
• 2010-11-04: Dominican Republic 2011 Public Holidays Announced
• 2009-10-20: Dominican Republic 2010 Public Holidays Announced
• 2008-05-24: Dominican Republic To Consider Making Labour Day Public Holiday Non-Movable
• 2008-02-21: Dominican Republic Supreme Court Changes Restoration Day Holiday