Source: Central Bank of Bahrain (Manama)
The Government of Bahrain has declared Sunday, May 3, 2009, as a day in lieu public holiday, due to the fact that this year's Labour Day public holiday falls on a Friday.
As per the "Labour Law For The Private Sector" promulgated by the Legislative Decree No.23 Of 1976, only civil servants will benefit from this extra day, given, at the discretion of the government, when a public holiday falls on a Friday or Saturday.
Banks and financial institutions will, as per custom, follow the public holidays of the public service.
Bahrain's weekends were changed from Thursday-Friday to Friday-Saturday 3 years ago (02-Aug-2006).
• Bahrain bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (April 2009)
Bahrain 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Bahrain 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Bahrain 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Bahrain 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Bahrain 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2015-04-26: Bahrain Labour Day 2015 Public Holidays
• 2012-04-29: Bahrain Public Holiday May 1st
• 2011-04-28: Bahrain Declares May 1 Public Holiday
• 2010-04-29: Bahrain Declares May 2 Substitute Public Holiday
• 2009-12-17: Bahrain Declares December 20 Financial And Public Sector Holiday
• 2006-08-02: Bahrain To Change Weekend Days To Friday-Saturday